Day 6: Nothing desperate about the calendars advice today…
When in doubt, add a flying monkey…
- Target for the day, get to 10000 words
- Current word count 4127 words
So yes I am still some way behind after the fun and frolics of the weekend but with that distraction out of the way I can get down to some serious writing. I just need to remember the advice of Hemingway and bleed a little…
The trouble with distractions though is there are still plenty of them about, here’s a list in no particular order of the distractions…
- The next episode of Star Trek Discovery due tonight
- Learning to play the F chord with a smooth swap form a D on my guitar
- The whole of season two of Stranger Things
- Clearing out Nuka World on Fallout 4 on my PS4 (a current obsession that has been eating my time despite really wanting to turn it off and write…)
- Blog posts to write ( not just these but I really need to do the next Lovecraftian instalment.)
- 2000 AD to read ( about three weeks behind with these.)
- Two whole seasons of The Walking Dead on my to watch list
- Car Insurance to sort out
- On Call week at work
- The new Philip Pullman to read
- Matter, the I M Banks novel to read
- Multiple DVD season sets I still have to get round to watching, Arrow season 4, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl season 2.
Anything but writing in fact and some of those things are actually important… And of course, you have to feel like writing… Except you don’t, To borrow from Anne Tyler.
Self-discipline is important, and when I find some I will let you know the secret, but my current target is 2000 words a day, every day this week, and to start them before I do anything else on the list. Because to borrow from Philip Pullman, whose new novel will just have to sit on the shelf for a while longer waiting to be read…
So, this that said I will glue my backside to my desk tonight when I get in from work, put on some music, and write… No, Honestly I will… Really, no distractions just write. Just getting words on the page. Self-disciplined me .. typing away.
I may just have an hour on Fallout4 first is all…
Adios for now.
Links to my own social media, by all means, connect with me on them.
I know the feeling… distractions are everywhere! 😊
Right now I could even blame this blog post 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: NaNoWriMo: planning for the writing fest | The Passing Place
Pingback: NaNoWriMo : planning for the annual writing fest | The Passing Place